Where does carbon monoxide come from?


At home, appliances that help heat or cook food are the […]

At home, appliances that help heat or cook food are the most likely sources of carbon monoxide, and cars running in garages can also produce dangerous carbon monoxide. As a by-product of combustion, carbon monoxide comes from automobiles, stoves, water heaters, fireplaces, wood stoves, carbon grills, gas stoves, natural gas stove cages, heating equipment, micro-generators, etc. These devices are in a normal working state with good ventilation, and the deadly carbon monoxide will be expelled outside the house and dissipated quickly. But very few malfunctions or misuse can cause carbon monoxide to build up in your home, killing you before you know where it is.

To be safe, know the possible sources of carbon monoxide in your home. Combustion materials burning in burning appliances and their chimney vents should be kept in good working condition.

Family Safety Tips:
Open windows when using a fireplace or burning wood, and have enough outside air when burning a stove or water heater.

· Note that some problems can indicate that the burning appliance is not working properly.

- Reduced hot water supply

- Can't use the stove to heat the house or work long hours

-bituminous coal blackening appliance

- Unfamiliar or burnt smell

- yellow or orange flame

Learn about the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning: headache, vertigo, decreased breathing, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, confusion, disorientation.

·Family should be aware that carbon monoxide poisoning may be caused by flu-like symptoms that improve but do not go away when they leave the house or for a longer period of time.

·Do not burn charcoal in your home, garage, boat cabin, recreational vehicle, or camping tent.

·Do not overhaul or modify burning appliances without the corresponding knowledge, technology, and tools.

·Do not use gas stoves, ovens or clothes dryers for heat.

·Do not use gas appliances, kerosene or natural gas heaters without an exhaust pipe in a closed room.

·Do not run gasoline engines (such as cars, motorcycles, lawn mowers, garden equipment, or power tools) in closed places like garages or basements, even with outside windows and doors open.